Saturday, June 18, 2016

Notebook Know How by the Pool!

So here's my take...



I have a great book recommendation 
for your pool bag this summer! 

I found this book, Notebook Know How by Aimee Buckner, about six years ago and I still have it prominently sitting 
on my shelf behind my desk. 

I refer back to it constantly! 



Here are my top 3 reasons 
it should be in your pool bag this summer!

1. Motivating:

I don't know about you, but summer time is the best time to read a professional book. I become energized and excited and can't wait to get back in the classroom to try things out.It is a quick read at only 125 pages!

2. Ready to use: 

I use to struggle with how to incorporate a writer's notebook with mini lessons, journal writing time, and grammar during my Writer's Workshop. Aimee has many practical strategies and shows you step by step how to get a notebook up and running.What is nice about the book are the quick reference charts so you don't have to waste time re-reading sections! If you are a fan of Ralph Fletcher's, Craft Lessons, then you will love this book!

3. Comprehensive:

This was the biggest selling point for me! This book helped me to understand how and why to set up a notebook, how to develop and mold the notebook so students could see the connections from our lessons to their writing, and Aimee's book explained how to assess their notebook. Aimee's approach to the notebook gave my Workshop a soul. The student's notebook's became a part of them. I loved watching their proud faces as they protectively would bring their notebooks to our easel area for a mini-lesson or their eager faces when they would scatter around the room to get started on a piece. 



Of course I need something in my pool bag this summer too! I've decided to read Aimee's book on Nonfiction! I will be teaching Science and Math next year and I already know that I want to see students writing in their Science journals. I am hoping to get great ideas from this book! I'll let you know what I find out!

Happy Learning!!!



2 comments:

Muhammad said...

Candidates Should Listen To Simon Sinek: People Don't Buy What You Do, TheyBuy Why You Do It. Republicans get in trouble for being cold-hearted and overly rational.
شركة تنظيف
تنظيف شقق
تنظيف كنب
شركة تنظيف منازل

Unknown said...

Most loan seekers have to borrow money in order to purchase their home or finance their business. Few have enough money sitting in the bank, or in other easily saleable assets to obtain a loan from the bank as collateral. (Even those few who do have enough money or assets usually find it financially difficult to borrow money from the bank) But Mr Pedro and his loan company offer loans with assets as collateral and they offer 2% rate in return between loan amount of $5000- $5,000,000.00 as long as you are honest to make a return.
Mr Pedro and his loan company grant Home loan,business loan,personal loan,Car loan at the low rate of 2% you can email pedroloanss@gmail.com for more information.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...