Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Doing My Part for Earth Day!

So here's my take...


     The end of the year is nearing and so is the copy paper supply at my school! Our staff came from back from Spring Break to find our access codes system down, which meant no one could use the copier! We could only ask the front office to make copies for us! 


     Normally, I am not a big copy person but this week our class is having our quarterly class store and the "Bank of McEvoy" is low on the green! (Yes, I know bad planning on my part...but in my defense how did I know our copier would be down for almost two weeks!!!)




     In honor of Earth Day this Friday, I have decided to come up with an eco-friendly solution to my printing problem! I am issuing my students Debit Cards! They usually get paid their class salary in cash for the quarter so this time I won't have to print any!!! 


     Below are my attempts at a Debit Card. I think I will use the black and white stripes design, print them on some green card stock, and laminate them once the students have signed their name. 







     I am eager to see how this new addition to our classroom economy works out! Over the summer I will write a more in-depth post on how I run my classroom economy. 


     If anyone is interested in making their own Debit Card, I created these in print shop. If you have the program I would be happy to email you the file so you can change it to your information. Just leave a comment below with your email address.


     Lastly, I am participating with Charity Preston of the Organized Classroom Blog with her 5 star Blogger Challenge! Go check it out!






Wish Me Good Luck!



8 comments:

Molly Maloy said...

Hi Andrea!

I love your fabulous debit cards! When I was student teaching my master teacher had to use a "debit card" for one student (repeatedly stealing class money=no good!) and I thought it was such a great idea! Neat for the whole class too because I'm sure they feel so grown up having their own debit cards! I currently use class money that I bought from Lakeshore in my room and I tell me kids if it is wrinkled or written on then it loses its value, so they have stayed in pretty good shape, but it's always fun to try new ideas! Can't wait to read more about your classroom economy system!

Molly
Lessons with Laughter

Heather said...

Awesome! They look great!

Selina said...

I'm so lucky not to have a restriction on copy paper. I can't imagine not being able to make a copy if needed.
I'm your newest follower.

Selina
http://classroommagic.blogspot.com/

Jessica said...

Great idea! I am your newest follower:) Stop by and visit me...

learnplayandhavefun.blogspot.com

Mrs. M said...

How creative! I'm your newest follower :)

Color Me Kinder

Mrs. Jacobs said...

I love your debit card idea! I'd love to have a copy of it if you're sharing. Love your blog...

robins599@yahoo.com

♥ Owl in a Vowel Tree ♥ said...

Love the idea! Im thinking of implementing a classroom economy this year! Eeeek!! Cant wait to hear more about how your classroom economy works! :)

Unknown said...

Have you written the blog about the debit cards? I'm researching this resource and would love to update it to a debit card. Thanks!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...